Thursday, September 1, 2016

"Dynamite Salsa"

 
 


I don't know how many of you enjoy things such as tomatoes, peppers, and onions, oh and lots of spices, but here is a recipe for you!!
Fresh salsa is so yummy, esp. with tomatoes being in season.

 

4 cups chopped tomatoes, drained
1/2 cups onion
1/2 peppers
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded + chopped finely (if you like it hot, I didn't do this)
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/2 oregano
2 T oil
1 T lemon juice
1 T vinegar
1/2 tsp. cumin (optional, I didn't)
8 oz tomato sauce
1 can black beans, drained

Now I didn't drain my tomatoes and it seemed liquidy enough, so I did not add the tomato sauce. And I hate  love spices, so I put a lot a lot of extra parsley, basil, and oregano. That's up to you. Mix it up and ooo-laaaa-laaa you got yourself a yummy!! :-)

3 comments:

  1. sounds delish! i will have to try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HAVE to try this! I love salsa and it looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete