Thursday, April 14, 2016

a t-shirt bag

I saw how to make this easy bag with a old t-shirt and I am going to show y'all how to do it! Follow along and if have any questions, feel free to ask.

First of all, find an old t-shirt....(mine was all stretched out...i recommend using a pretty "tight/heavy/firm" t-shirt ) and cut the sleeves off and the neck as shown in the picture.
Cut off the bottom of the shirt, leaving 3 extra inches for your fringes.
Then cut fringes about 2-3" long....
Cut the 2 end fringes.
Put the shirt wrong side out and then tie the fringes together once. If you are going to be carrying little things in your purse, there are some little holes that your things could go through, so if you are going to have that problem go through and knot them the second time so there aren't holes....(I didn't do that)
Once you did that, turn your shirt the right side and- tada! your finished product!!
Some of my fringes are sticking out as you can see, but if you are a perfectionist (I am not ;)) you could probably easy fix that and mine didn't get that great because of my old stretched out t-shirt. So if you have a firm t-shirt it should work pretty swell!
[excuse my pictures, we don't have a good camera right now so they are a little the way they are:/]
 
That's all for now folks....have a good evening!!
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Wow that is soooo cool Shalom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh!!! Rachelle and I did one of these, except we used a sweater. We had to sew the bottom and along the other edges so it wouldn't fray!!

    Don't worry. I have a record with bad t-shirt material. Right Riah??😶

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sounds like a better idea Anna because it would be heavier..i'll have to try that yet :)

    ReplyDelete