Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Stay in the Race


The other Sunday our pastor preached a message on staying in the race. I jotted down some notes and I thought I would share them with you all. A few of my thoughts are added.

#1 a relationship with Jesus is SO important


#2 Lay aside things that hinder us. What comes first? Is there things that need to be thrown out? Material stuff distracts us- Satan uses it to distract us from the goal we are headed toward which is JESUS. Colossians 3:8-9 says "But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth."

#3 We have to follow Jesus' road no matter where it goes or what it goes through. And he will help us to travel this road if we follow Him!

#4 Run with patience & constant endurance - James 5:7-11; Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.
Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.
Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door.
Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience.
Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.

#5 Look to Jesus - look at Hebrews 12:2;   Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Jesus went through SOO much for he. He knew he had to die a painful death and he asked God to "take this cup from me." But God said no, you need to do this. So, Jesus looked toward the joy of heaven, not what he had to do to get there.

#6 DON'T GIVE UP- if you make mistakes, Jesus is always there and he will forgive you and help you to start fresh!

I hope you can be blessed by this today! And if you have any thoughts on this, I would be happy to hear them!!!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the encouragement, Shalom! I've been struggling with my relationship with Jesus lately. I so want to be completely sold out to him, spend daily time with Him, and just see Him as my closest friend. I've been praying for His help, for Him to show Himself real to me. I want Him to be the complete center of my life. I've found though, much to my dismay, that I would rather be doing other stuff than reading my Bible. That is what I am trying to change.
    Our youth Retreat just ended on Sunday. That was such a great weekend. It really encouraged me to be radical about my relationship with our Saviour.
    My hope is that I can grow in Him, make Him the very center of my life. I want my life to be an example that other people want to follow.
    Thank you for your post. I appreciate you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I follow you Susanna...it can be so hard. But it is also rewarding when we spend time with Jesus and in His word!

      Delete
    2. Thanks again! :-)

      Delete
  2. This was such an inspiring post! Loved reading it! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete