Monday, November 7, 2016

Devotional // Proverbs 4:1-2

Good Afternoon Everyone!
I am going to try something new and post something inspirational once a week. Some weeks it may be a devotional by me, a single quote, poem, or a devotional by someone else, etc. I pray that this will bless you as much as me!

Since I am quizzing on Proverbs 4 this quiz year, I decided to do a devotional on the first 2 verses since they have some wonderful wisdom!!

1: Hear, ye children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know understanding.
2: For I give you good doctrine, forsake ye not my law.
I am just going to break down these verses in a sense, and give you my thoughts :)
sometimes it can be so hard for us to take instruction from our parents or older adults, because we tend to think "I know what I am doing, I don't need to hear from you. I got everything under control." But you know what? Just like Solomon is telling us, we need to take and hear instruction. Those older than us have so much wisdom for us, and they also have learned from their past mistakes as well!! Their wisdom can be practical/understood because they are most likely talking from their experience in the past. Verse 2 says it is founded upon a doctrine. Our Father's and those over us are giving us sound teaching (doctrine) which we can not forsake. So to sum up those 2 verses, let's always be willing to accept instruction and advice from our parents and those older than us. They are great people who deserve our respect!!!

If you have any thoughts/questions/comments I would love to hear from you!!



some thoughts from me on the blog:
-stay tuned for an exciting post coming up in a few days!
- if you have any ideas for me on blog posts, they would be more than welcome! I am running a little dry with ideas :/
- thanks for following my blog, I appreciate each one of you and the comments you leave on my posts! I love hearing from my readers :)
- I  was just thinking about another post that Heather over at "Trusting You Lord" posted on a subject that is some what  along the same thoughts as this devotional. The post was entitled "Godly families." Head on over and check it out!  http://trustingyoulord.blogspot.com
- I added some new links on "blogs I follow." Check em' out!

2 comments:

  1. For starters (sorry... I realize that I always write long comments), maybe it's just my computer, but I can't access several of the blogs that "you follow." They're K9 Web Protected. Anyway...
    Thanks for the post! I always love encouragement!
    And I will very much look forward to your next post! I absolutely love you having a blog!
    Oh, and for blog post ideas... I always love new recipes to try! You could share pictures of your animals around the farm. I don't know... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh don't worry about your long comments at all...I love getting comments from you!!
      Oh I am sorry...not sure why your computer is blocking them? Sorry :/
      Ok, that's good to know that you like recipe posts, I have an recipe that we really like, so you'll have to stay tuned for that too =)

      Delete