Thursday, January 5, 2017

a new year!

Good Afternoon Friends!  I hope you all had a great Christmas season & a wonderful start to your new year. For an encouragement this week, I am just going to share with you a verse and a few thoughts on the new year.
  • “In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.”  Proverbs 16:9
You, as well as me, probably have plans this year that you are looking very forward to...it may be  different activities as well as some goals you want to accomplish! This verse in Proverbs shows us how we may have many plans, but God determines our steps. So I am challenging you this year, to just allow Jesus to work in your life and follow the plans He has for you. This year isn't going to always be easy, I am sure we will each go through trials, but through it all, God is faithful and I believe He is going to accomplish in each and every one of us what He wants done!
I like to think of it as writing a book. God just gave us a beautiful book that is completely empty and in it, each thing we do is going to be written down. Let's make it a good book and be a testimony and light for HIM!


 

3 comments:

  1. I agree. We need to be submissive and let God take control. As much as I struggle to totally and completely hand my life over to God, I know that He is the only Way!

    ReplyDelete