Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Chocolate Breakfast Muffins

Our family has been eating healthy desserts these days, and we love this recipe (its actually my Aunt Lori's recipe)! I am adding the little tweaks we make to it as well. :) It can either be made into muffins or just put in a 9x13. Its easiest to just put it in a pan, so that is what we usually end up doing.

2 c. oatmeal, ground into flour or oat flour (we just grind up quick oats in the blender)
3/4 c. coca powder
2/3-3/4 c. THM super sweet blend
4 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. sea salt
2 eggs
1/2 c. 0% Greek yogurt (we just use any yogurt we have around)
1 c. unsweetened applesauce
1 c. hot water
a few sugar free chocolate chips (we just use regular ones)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix all ingredients well. Pour in foil cupcakes (or 9x13 pan). Sprinkle as many as desired chocolate chips on top. Bake for 15 minutes (its usually ends up being like 20-25 minutes till we call it done) till toothpick comes out with crumbs on it. Do not under or over bake the recipe says... :/

Let me know if you try it out and what you think!
|excuse the piece out of the corner...I pulled it out of the oven and scooped some out to eat, went and sat down at the table and then I was like oh my word, I was going to take a picture of it. Mom said "oh well, at least it shows that it is good" :-) |

1 comment:

  1. Yay for thm friends! I do some thm, and my mom and sister do it, it has helped them so much!
    This sounds so good! I'll have to give my brother (the breakfast maker)this recipe! Yuuummmmm! I'll definitely let you know if I try it!
    Btw, I think it makes the picture look better with a little from the corner gone, yep, it really does prove that it's good!

    ReplyDelete