Friday, June 23, 2017

on being a carpenter + fixer upper ||

Hi friends! Lately I have found my way into many different things...mostly cause Dad has been doing a lot of projects, and he is always getting me to help him. Here are pictures of some of the things we are doing 😃

  •  Our church cleaned up some flower beds and outside stuff for a friend of our Paster's wife. We ended the evening with a little snack!


  •  The pool house needed a new roof, so we helped tear it off and put the new roof on. It was a little freaky, but we weren't too high off the ground 😏


  •  One of Dad's rental properties (the one at the end of our lane) was severely damaged during the storm, so it got completely renovated. We helped with the little things, like staining the hardwood floor + steps and doing lots of cleanup work after the carpenters. 


  • Dad buried an electrical line, and we helped cover it back up, and pick out the many rocks. 
I think the projects are soon finished...thankfully! I was just telling Mom that life around here is soon going to be boring...we've had so many workers and people around ever since February, and things are finally winding down. That is until the end of July when our barns get built 😊

Have a great evening and stay tuned for another "Life Lately" post coming shortly! 😊

4 comments:

  1. I love seeing what's been going on lately, and I'll look forward to the next post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy helping with projects around too. I understand about the roof being a little freaky! It all looks good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Shalom!! =)
    I'm so excited I found your blog- I followed. ;)
    WOW, you were on the roof!!? I've actually never been on one....and I don't really think I'd want to, lol =D
    I'm having a great evening, thank you. =) Have a good one, girl! =)
    Jaidyn Elise
    OOOH, yeah, I can't wait to see your next post, too. It sounds fun!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. I was checking constantly this blog
    and I'm impressed! Very helpful information particularly the last part
    :) I care for such information much. I was seeking this certain information for a long time.
    Thank you and best of luck.

    ReplyDelete